Effective November 27, 2018, CAL FIRE has lifted burn permit suspension in Tuolumne, Calaveras, eastern Stanislaus, and eastern San Joaquin Counties. CAL FIRE advises that persons with current and valid agricultural and residential burn permits can resume burning on permissible burn days. Agricultural burns must be inspected by CAL FIRE prior to burning until the end of the peak fire season. CAL FIRE burn permits will be required until the end of peak fire season.
If pile burning, follow these burning requirements.
- Only dry, natural vegetative material such as leaves, pine needles, and tree trimmings may be burned.
- The burning of trash, painted wood, or other debris is not allowed.
- Do not burn on windy days.
- Piles should be no larger than four feet in diameter and in height. You can add to the pile as it burns down.
- Clear a 10 foot diameter down to bare soil around your piles.
- Have a shovel and a water supply nearby.
- An adult is required to be in attendance at all times.